Business Tax Planning & Compliance

  • Corporate Tax
  • Partnership Tax
  • Estate and Trust Tax
  • Gift Tax Returns
  • Non-profit Organization

Accounting & Bookkeeping

  • Bookkeeping
  • Payroll
  • Sales Tax
  • QuickBooks Management
  • QuickBooks Pro-Advisor

Individual Tax Services

  • Tax Preparation
  • Tax Planning
  • 1031 Exchanges

Audit and Assurance Services

  • Financial Statement Audits
  • Financial Statement Reviews
  • Financial Statement Compilations


Best Rated Riverside CPA Firm Providing Tax & Accounting Services to Both Businesses and Individuals!

Ayoub, Sidhum CPA Firm is proud to be one of the most respected and established accounting companies in Riverside, CA. Our accountants offer over 35 years of combined professional experience resulting in tax returns that make our clients smile and come back to us year over year! Whether you need business or individual tax return preparation, audit representation, entity formation, QuickBooks management, bookkeeping, or consultation, our team of 5-star accountants is ready to help you. We are so confident in our ability to improve your business’ bottom line that we offer a FREE CONSULTATION. That itself is a perfect reason to call us today to see how much you can save…we are just one phone call away! We gladly serve the Inland Empire, Orange County and Los Angeles.

Client Testimonials

Highly recommend Ayoub Sidhum accounting services to others.
     Ayoub Sidhum did exceptional accounting and tax work for my physical therapy clinic. Simplified this stressful process with their expedient work ethic, while still attaining professional yet personal services. Highly recommend them to others.
Wassiem A. – Orange County, CA
I highly recommend Ayoub Sidhum
I highly recommend Ayoub Sidhum. Their extraordinary service and care are outstanding. There is nothing more important than the peace of mind when doing your taxes, business book keeping, payroll ...etc. Ayoub Sidhum gave me all that. They're very reliable and, more important, they CARE. Definitely, my highest recommendation.
Paul A. – Riverside, CA
Working with Ayoub Sidhum was the best things ever
Working with Ayoub Sidhum was the best things ever. These guys know how to handle my taxes and my bookkeeping so I can focus on my business. Thanks for the all the years of hard work. Highly recommend this CPA Accounting firm to others.
Fiby A. – Riverside, CA
I've been using this accounting firm for over 5 years for two of my businesses - LLC and Corporation.
They've been very knowledgeable, meticulous, and impressively creative, which helps me optimize and maximize my tax benefit every year. They truly care about my businesses being successful, and I sleep well that knowing everything is done in accordance with the current IRS laws, and that I have a team of great accountants on my side, who help me navigate through the "not so easy" regulations. I fully recommend this accounting company and its superior accountants!
Kathy C. – Riverside, CA
Outstanding Customer Service
Jewlie was amazing to work with. She assisted me with credit counseling and representation. She was patient, informative and extremely helpful. I would recommend her services to anyone. I plan to talk to AST about tax planning and other services based on the outstanding customer service I received.
Victor Reiner – Riverside, CA

Riverside CPA Firm – Top Rated Accountants & Tax Services

Why Choose our Accounting Firm?

  • Over 40 years of experience
  • Up to date knowledge with new tax laws
  • Customer satisfaction guaranteed
  • Integrity and quality of our work
  • Utilization the latest accounting tools and technology
  • Top rated accounting services at reasonable cost


Fill out the Form below for TAX Consultation

    Prove You are Human



    • What are the tax changes for this year?

      For highlights of the tax changes for the current tax year, refer to the “What’s New” section of the following:

      Instructions for Form 1040 (.pdf),
      Instructions for Form 1040A (.pdf), or
      Instructions for the Form 1040EZ (.pdf).

      For More Information refer to

    • Should I choose tax preparer or accounting software?

      Are you ever wondering if you would be better off paying an accounting professional (CPA, attorney, enrolled agent or tax preparer) or using tax/accounting software to prepare your tax return? Is one better than the other? Unfortunately, there is no single answer for every taxpayer, and you will have to select the tax preparation method based on your individual situation. Here are some of the factors to consider in making your decision.

      Factor #1: Complexity of Tax Situation

      As a general rule, the more complex your tax situation, the more beneficial and compelling it is for you to hire a tax professional to prepare your tax return. Some of the following situations may present complexity that may require CPA assistance:

      • You own a business (or businesses). As you probably know by now, there are many complex rules and various tax elections that you may want to discuss with a tax pro. For example, if your business purchased equipment, you have several ways to write off the cost; the best way to do this depends on your current tax situation as well as your prospects for the future. You can, of course, handle complex situations with appropriate tax software (e.g., TurboTax Home and Business enables you to prepare a Schedule C for your sole proprietorship), but you won’t get personal advice.
      • You had a major life event. For example, if you sold a business, went through a divorce, sold a home or had any other major life change, a tax preparer can alert you to the rules that you now have to consider in your tax preparation
      • Extensive securities transactions. Software can automatically input the results from Form 1099-B, which reports securities transactions. However, you may need to work with a tax pro to make sure you have all the information required for your return (e.g., your tax basis); it may not all be on the 1099.
      • You want to itemize. Again, software enables you to put all your information into the mix. However, a tax preparer can provide advice about legitimate deductible expenses, the substantiation you need and other matters to help you optimize your deductions while avoiding problems with the IRS.

      Factor #2: Your Tax Proficiency

      For some people, the very idea of numbers, taxes and the process of preparing and filing a return seems daunting. For others, taxes have become a routine chore that needs to be done each year.

      If you’ve been doing your taxes year after year and not much has changed in your financial or personal situation, you’ll likely be more than able to handle your annual tax return. Just familiarize yourself with the new entries on the return related to the Affordable Care Act (may be found in the instructions on the return).

      If you’ve never done a return before, decide whether you’re up to the task. Recognize that you don’t have to be a math wizard because software or online preparation sites do calculations for you. And you don’t have to be a tax expert because you’ll be prompted to supply needed information to complete your return.

      Factor #3: Your Schedule

      Time is always an important factor in deciding whether to do your return yourself or hire a preparer. Either way, you’ll spend the same amount of time gathering the documentation needed to prepare the return: information returns you’ve received (Forms W-2, 1098, and Schedule K-1s), your canceled checks for itemized deductions, logs and other substantiation for certain expenses.

      So, the difference is in the time spent doing the actual return. Depending on your situation, that could be modest (an hour or so), or lengthy (6 hours or more). If you don’t have this time, then using a preparer is the better choice.

      Factor #4: Cost

      Cost may influence your decision about who prepares your return. Fees may be higher or lower depending on your area and complexity of your particular situation. Give us a call, so we can schedule your free consultation and provide you with a quote.

      The Bottom Line

      To summarize, hiring a tax preparer or using a software package or online tax site can both work well, depending on your tax situation and your comfort with the process.

      If you want to use tax software, recognize that there have occasionally been issues with certain products – for example, some fraudulent state tax returns were filed using TurboTax, leading to a suspension of state filings for 24 hours and inducing Congress to investigate the matter. (Tax-related identity theft is an issue that everyone needs to be aware of, regardless of the method you use to prepare your return.)

      If you opt to use a paid preparer, make sure to find a reliable one. You want to research few things like: How long have they been in business? Do they have a website? How are their online reviews?

      Either way, the responsibility to file a tax return is on you, so don’t procrastinate!

    • Is there an age limit on claiming my child as a dependent?

      To claim your child as your dependent, your child must meet the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test.

      • To meet the qualifying child test, your child must be younger than you and as of the end of the calendar year, either be younger than 19 years old or be a student and younger than 24 years old.
      • There is no age limit on claiming your child as a dependent if the child meets the qualifying relative test.

      As long as you meet all of the following tests, you may claim a dependency exemption for your child:

      • Qualifying child or qualifying relative test
      • Dependent taxpayer test
      • Citizen or resident test, and
      • Joint return test

      For More Information refer to

    • What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return that I have already filed?

      It depends on the type of mistake you made:

      • Many mathematical errors are caught during the processing of the tax return and corrected by the IRS, so you may not need to correct these mistakes.
      • If you did not attach a required schedule or form, the IRS will contact you and ask for the missing information.
      • If you did not claim the correct filing status or you need to change your income, deductions or credits, you should file an amended or corrected return using Form 1040X (.pdf), Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

      When filing an amended or corrected return:

      • Include copies of any schedules that are changing and/or any Form(s) W-2 (.pdf) you did not include with your original return. To avoid delays, file Form 1040X only after you have filed your original return. Generally, for a credit or refund, you must file Form 1040X within 3 years (including extensions) after the date you timely filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.
      • Please allow the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.

      For More Information refer to

    • How do I know if I have to file quarterly individual estimated tax payments?

      You must make estimated tax payments for the current tax year if both of the following apply:

      • You expect to owe at least $1,000 in tax for the current tax year after subtracting your withholding and refundable credits.
      • You expect your withholding and refundable credits to be less than the smaller of:
        – 90% of the tax to be shown on your current year’s tax return, or
        – 100% of the tax shown on your prior year’s tax return. (Your prior year tax return must cover all 12 months.)

      There are special rules for:

      • Farmers and fishermen
      • Certain household employers
      • Certain higher income taxpayers
      • Nonresident aliens

      For More Information refer to